The WARP resource is intended to offer support and advice for artists across Wales remotely via a number of advice sheets, archive of MP3's recorded at past WARP talks/events and a directory of links and recommended services.
To use these resources you'll need to become a registered WARP user by signing up at the top of this page. If you have had any difficulties with accessing the resources e-mail us at email@example.com and we'll do our best to sort you out.
If you're looking for information on galleries in Wales or perhaps other artist run projects across the United Kingdom, you'll find links to their websites here. We also have a directory service that includes recommended services. You will find the directory useful to find services for your art practice such as printers in the Cardiff area, bronze foundries in Mid Wales, or framers (that's framer not farmer) in the West. All entries for recommended services in the directory are tried and tested by WARP (by which we mean the greater WARP community, ie you) so if there are any people/services that you have used and would like to nominate for this list please do let us know. Likewise if you have had a bad experience with a company in the directory it would be good for us to know to share this information with others.
In addition to this online resource we also have a dedicated Resource Area/Reading Room at the gallery. This space is open to all artists as a drop in facility where as well as having a nice cup of tea, you can make use of the following equipment-
* Dedicated Apple I Mac with Full Creative Suite 4 software, Including:-
* Dreamweaver,Photoshop and Final Cut Pro.
* Flatbed and transparency scanner.
* Photocopier and print facilities.
All of these facilities are available to use on a drop in basis but booking is recommended.
* The resource space also includes a library of exhibitions catalogues and monographs as well as subscriptions to periodicals and journals including AN, Frieze, Art Monthly, October, Circa, Map and Dot Dot Dot.
* Drop into the space to make use of these facilities as well as using it as a chance to view, and add to, our notice boards that contain info on various opportunities and exhibitions.
* The room is free to book as a space for artists and artist groups to use for seminars and to hold meetings etc. To book the space or any of the equipment or simply to find out more info please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are not signed in.
Browse the books and periodicals in the Warp library.
- Advice Sheets
Advice on approaching galleries, writings CVs, proposals and statements.
- Archived Talks
MP3's of talks held at WARP
- Downloadable Templates
Download ready to use templates such as invoices and CV's.
Links to Other resources and sites of interest.
- Articles and Papers
Information of different aspects relating to professional practice written by WARP and WARPees